Updated: Jan 24, 2019
25 Lessons I Learned by the time Turned 25...Girl listen, I could've tripled this list but for now we'll start with the main lessons. Which one really speaks to you? Let me know, I definitely want to hear from you!
1. Always follow your gut or intuition.
2. Remember to always to be kind and generous. You really never know what people are going through.
3. Protect your peace at ALL costs.
4. It's okay to not have everything figured out. If you're like me, you'll struggle with this one because I always feel like I need to have all of the answers.
5. Many people will not support you. It's okay, learn to respect it, accept it, and embrace it. You won't always get the praise or applause you deserve.
6. You'll be a lot happier if you just let it go. It is what it is.
7. Take care of yourself NOW. Start eating healthy NOW. Start exercising consistently NOW. There is nothing more important than your health.
8. Insurance, retirement, mortgage...yeah it's time.
9. Do everything you've been wanting to do or anything you haven't done. This is the time.
10. Family is everything. Take care of your parents. Nurture your siblings. Don't become distant, still attend every family gathering, just as you did when you were younger.
11. Start over as many times as you need to. Don't let anyone tell you, you don't deserve a fresh start or that you've started over too many times.
12. It's okay to leave people where they had you messed up at.
13. Not all advice is good advice. Just because it worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you.
14. Prayer is KEY. Strengthen, nourish, and sustain your relationship with God. Live in his purpose for your life. Trust me, you haven't made it this far without him.
15. Karma is REAL. Literally, what goes around comes around. Make wise choices.
16. It's okay to sit down sometimes. Partying, drinking, clubbing...ditch it. You're officially old now.
17. Friends...eehhh I could say a lot but above all else, put energy into the friendships that you feel are necessary and that are most important to you.
18. Doing things alone is okay. I do everything alone...shopping, going to eat, movies, etc. You don't always need someone with you. Enjoy your time alone.
19. Festivals and traveling are your BFF. Learn and explore, buy the ticket, reserve your seat, book your stay, just get out and do it. No excuses.
20. Budget. Budget. Budget...enough said.
21. Put your phone DOWN. Contradicting right? Considering you're only reading this because you're on your phone...but you know what I mean. Live in the moment, sounds cliche but it's true. There's a time and place for everything.
22. Be grateful, appreciative, and thankful. Life is short. Things can change in the blink of an eye.
23. Organize, make lists, keep a planner, schedule, coordinate...nothing is worse than always being unprepared.
24. Check on your strong friends. Period.
25. Believe in yourself. Be passionate about something. Put your head down and keep one foot in front of the other. You got this. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do. You were designed to be GREAT!
Which one speaks to you the most?
Let me know, I would seriously love to hear from you!